National Health & Safety, Audit and Risk Assessor
Position: Monday - Friday : 9am-5.30 p.m.
To promote, develop and establish a positive safety culture across the Group so that it can meet its legal requirements in terms of Health, Safety and Compliance.
The position attracts a very competitive package, benefits include – Pension, Laptop, Phone, Ipad, Company Vehicle, Pre paid hotel card, 20 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, flexible working location.
Based at Propertyserve UK Head Office in Winchmore Hill, Nr Amersham. but flexibility to work remotely as required. Reporting to the Group Head of Health, Safety & Environment, the day to day role requires travel around the UK undertaking audits and inspections at site level and supplier level.
Propertyserve supports commercial landlords and managing agents that own or manage properties throughout the UK. The company helps to remove the logistical issues and risks associated with maintaining the fabric of the building, using sustainable procurement methods. It also focuses on making costs transparent, whilst reducing the risks associated with CIS, health & safety and debt liability to the landlord.
Handling all liaisons between contractors, facilities managers and tenants for maintenance issues, Propertyserve aims to offer a cost and time effective service for all parties. The company provides on-going supplier management- greatly reducing the risk to property owner.
The Ideal candidate will:
- Be a member of IOSH.
- Hold a Certificate in Environmental Management or equivalent
- Be qualified in P402 Asbestos surveying and risk assessment or equivalent
- Be qualified in Level 2 Award in Fire Risk Assessment or equivalent
Be able to demonstrate the ability to show evidence of monitoring, reviewing, preparing and publishing policies and procedures that apply in multi-site operations. In addition evidence of the use of continuous improvement would be desirable.
The role requires excellent communication skills both verbal and written with strong negotiation skills to ensure that all departments & suppliers develop their Health and Safety compliance culture in a consistent manner.
You will work in a team lead by the Head of Group Health, Safety & Environment alongside the Group Compliance Manager who assumes responsibility for water treatment and legionella testing.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation and best practice. Provide updates on a monthly basis on all new or amended Health and Safety legislation associated with facilities related issues to all staff within Facilities as appropriate
- Establish, audit, monitor and maintain arrangements and guidance to ensure the Division complies with the legal requirements under the Construction Design and Management Regulations, including contractor competency.
- Supply chain Head office & Site Audits (circa 100 per annum)
- Conducting Building Fire, Asbestos, Health & Safety, DDA, EPC, Risk Assessment production (circa 100 per annum)
- Conducting asbestos surveys
- Internal H&S policy, process’, risk assessments
- Ad hoc site visits where required
- Ad hoc Supplier risk assessment review
- Environmental management
- Work with Department head to Achieve group ISO18001 & 14001 accreditation
Proven experience as a safety auditor/inspector
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Full Clean UK License
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Full Clean UK License