Vacancy: Team Supervisor
Position: Monday - Friday : 8am-4pm, 9am -5pm or 9.30–5.30pm
A Team Supervisor is someone who provides direction, instructions and guidance to a group of individuals, who can also be known as a team, for the purpose of achieving a certain goal. An effective Team Supervisor will know their team members strengths, weaknesses and motivations. The individual should be able to demonstrate that they are self-motivated and able to work effectively and professionally with both their team, counterpart and senior management. The Team Supervisor will report directly to the Team Leader.
Based at Propertyserve UK Head Office in Winchmore Hill, Nr Amersham.
Propertyserve supports commercial landlords and managing agents that own or manage properties throughout the UK. The company helps to remove the logistical issues and risks associated with maintaining the fabric of the building, using sustainable procurement methods. It also focuses on making costs transparent, whilst reducing the risks associated with CIS, health & safety and debt liability to the landlord.
Handling all liaisons between contractors, facilities managers and tenants for maintenance issues, Propertyserve aims to offer a cost and time effective service for all parties. The company provides on-going supplier management- greatly reducing the risk to property owner.
We are looking for an individual that wants to is capable of co-ordinating work and people. The successful candidate must possess strong organisational and administrative skills, be sociable and be able to build personable relationships with all key stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity, within a dynamic and growing business, for a determined and ambitious person.
Salary – On Application
Holiday 20 days – p/a
A Team Supervisor should possess the following attributes –
- A responsible attitude
- Ability to prioritise work
- Good at planning ahead
- Remaining calm under pressure
- Decision-making abilities
- IT skills
- Time management
- Ability to be a fair and effective leader
- Accurate record keeping
- Able to delegate work effectively and appropriately
- An approachable and responsible role model
- To help manage harmony within the team
- An impeccable work ethic
- Have a good understanding and able to implement training and coaching skills
- To be flexible as will be rotating between two teams
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To assist the Team Leader in developing a strategy the team will use to reach its goal
- To assist the Team Leader in providing any training that team members require
- Communicate clear instructions to team members
- Listen to team members’ feedback and address/action with Team Leader or senior management
- Support the Team Leader in managing day-to-day operations
- Work with the Team Leader to support and guide the team to reach its goal
- Delegate appropriate tasks fairly and efficiently
- To clearly promote Propertyserve’s work ethic
- To communicate and feedback key points the Team Leader
Responsible – The person has full control of the task and its completion – they are tasked with completing it themselves, not delegating.
Obligated – This person may not have full control of the task but has been charged with ensuring its completion. This may involve delegating tasks, if appropriate.
- The Team Supervisor is crucial to the day to day operational service delivery.
- Obligated to ensure all work requests are logged accurately and within SLA.
- Obligated to ensure the PS system is fully up to date and the audit trail is maintained on all work orders.
- Responsible for ensuring the handover between shifts is completed fully.
- Responsible for ensuring all team members take ownership of each work order and ensure it is completed within SLA.
- Obligated to ensure RAMS are received where required, ensuring that the team understands when they are required or not.
- Obligated to monitor day to day performance of individuals, ensuring SLA’s are met. Using phone system, ps system, wall boards and emergency boards as well as constantly having an ear to the ground and eyes open with head up.
- Responsible for assisting the Team Leader with all client complaints when requested.
- Responsible for ensuring the team reports poor supplier performance is relayed to the Team Leader.
- Obligated to ensure the Emergency boards are up to date and fully chased.
- Responsible for ensuring that all job and quote chasing is complete and is reported weekly to the Team Leader
- Obligated to allocate resource to phones/emails/data/boards/chasing etc. as demand dictates from day to day and individual to individual.
- Responsible for delegating equally and fairly amongst the team, tasks that require completion whilst effectively managing the situation.
- Responsible for stepping in to cover tasks during periods of team holiday or sickness.
- Responsible for liaising with the Team Leader on staffing levels (high or low) and recruitment requirements.
- Obligated to assist the Team Leader with managing any sold properties that are notified via the “one forms”.
- Responsible for identifying their own training needs and work with the Team Leader in planning your own development.
An integral part of the Team Supervisor role is to assist the Team Leader in ensuring that the team you are responsible for works effectively together in an environment which is calm and encouraging.
- Responsible for ensuring all team members understand and are capable for the tasks to which they are assigned.
- Responsible for being the 1st line for all team members regarding support, discipline, conflict, problems or personal issues. Using the Team Leader to guide and support.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing individuals within the team.
- Obligated to ensure the team always has a shoulder to lean on or someone to speak to in confidence and escalating to the Team Leader where necessary.
- Responsible for raising any major issues immediately to the Team leader.
IT, Communications and Infrastructure
- Responsible for requesting from the Team Leader additional equipment necessary for staff to perform their tasks.
- Obligated to assist the Team Leader in managing the OOH team in relation to holiday cover, sickness, training and equipment needs.
Operational Review & Reporting
- Obligated to review the day to day performance of individuals and your team as a whole. Identifying areas for improvement and training as well as role changes.
- Responsible for providing the Team Leader with ideas, concepts and business cases for improving the running of the helpdesk.